Enjoy a Volunteer Vacation in Hawaii & help Women around the World!
Hedonisia Hawaii Sustainable Community is a ‘volun-tourist’ community based on social enterprise. We are located in the rain forests of East Hawaii. Aside from our eco-friendly Guest lodgings we offer a number of activist, educational and volunteer programs for visitors to our island community.
In other words, you can enjoy an affordable volunteer vacation in Hawaii and work on causes that have a global reach! Many volunteers and interns have found this more meaningful and rewarding than just going to Hawaii and returning with a sunburn!
If you wish to come to Hawaii you can help as a Research Volunteer with a specialty in reproductive rights work under any of the following programs:
Virtual Volunteer Option: If you can’t make it to Hawaii right now you can save up hours for a possible future visit under our Virtual Volunteer Program.
Additional Information for Reproductive Rights Research Interns:
- Volunteer programs can be adjusted, within reason, to accommodate a school’s or university internship requirements.
- We can work with the student to complete any necessary paperwork to complete their internship requirement. An additional fee applies.
- We offer a Certificate of Completion upon request once the intern has successfully completed their internship.
Reproductive Right’s On-Going Intern Projects:
Here are some examples of the kinds of work a pro-choice volunteer or intern would do as part of their community contribution:
- Research, update and review current content on the site.
- Outreach to non-English speaking women by implementing landing pages in Spanish, Arabic, Chinese and other language regions where women don’t have access to legal and safe abortions.
- Proof-read, review from You Are Not Alone stories submitted to the site daily.
- Analyze data submitted by women for publishing on website and in future book projects that highlight abortion globally from a pregnant woman’s perspective.
- Analyze women’s pregnancy stories database and create statistical reports on archived data to indicate social trends and global patterns.
- Research abortion and free speech laws in various countries.
- Ongoing fact-checking of methods and updates to the site based on women’s feedback.
- Online Analytics and SEO for website
- Using social networks for outreach to women in need especially in developing nations and the USA.
- Raising political and feminist awareness of website contacting relevant women’s organizations in the world