20) Woman with Previous Complicated Pregnancy Afraid the Same Will Happen Again
Just last year I had an ec topic pregnancy and had to do a surgery to remove one of my tube that leaves a bikini line scar and I am very somewhat scared to have to face that situation again.
- Age: 44
- Ethnic Group: Black/African/African American
- Birth Control Used: just got carried away
- Consequences: No serious penalties. It’s just not the right time.
20) Woman with Health Issues not Ready for a Third Child
I’m 20yrs olds, I have a 9 week old baby and a 17month old toddler. With my last pregnancy I went into preterm labour 5 times from 23 weeks. (Not to say we got told she was ectopic at 5weeks and had to have a tube removed, then to terminate at 13 weeks because of my radical blood sugar levels).I have had to have both my girls via c-section, since then my healthy has some what been declining since falling pregnant with our first.
I have currently (this week) found out I have a underlining autoimmune disordered and have to go to specialist for testing, scans etc.
Needless to say we have decided with my health and our baby only been 9 weeks old it is not the time for a third child and need to get my health issues under control.
- Age: 20
- Ethnic Group: White/Caucasion
- Birth Control Used: Withdrawal Method
- Consequences: Have underlining autoimmune disease and have 2 children – 9 weeks & 17months
20) Woman with Previous Pregnancy Issues Not Able to Have Another Child
I have a 9 month old baby whom I am still breast feeding. The pregnancy was incredibly difficult and I nearly died from blood loss (post partum hemmorage) giving birth last time. Then the baby ended up being a spirited high need baby who is incredibly difficult to take care of. During the first 8 months after he was born I never once slept more than 3 hours in a row. I am absolutely exhausted from the way the pregnancy went and the way the baby is and cannot face doing it all over again. Also finances are tight and we cannot afford another baby. I got pregnant because I was being lax about taking the mini pill forgetting to take it regularly and also it was giving me terrible side effects so in the end I threw in away thinking I will go and ask the doctor for a different pill to try. But in the meantime I got pregnant.
- Age: 30
- Current Country: New zealand
- Country Born In: New zealand
- Ethnic Background: White/Caucasian
- Religion: Spiritual/New Age
- Marital Status: Single (never married)
- Relationship Status: In a Monogamous Relationship
- Children: 1
- Consensual Sex?: Yes it was consensual
- Relationship to Man Who Got You Pregnant: He is my boyfriend
- Were you, by your own choice, under the influence of drugs or alcohol at the time of conception?: No
- Did you use ANY form of birth control? If so, which method(s) did you use?: I did not use birth control
- Does the man who got you pregnant support your decision to have a miscarriage?: He does not know about the pregnancy
- Does anyone know that you are pregnant?: No
- Does anyone know that you are considering aborting the pregnancy?: No
- Is medical or surgical abortion LEGAL where you live?: Yes
- Have you had a medical or surgical abortion in the past?: No