1. Woman With Several Health Conditions Seeking Natural Abortion:
I have numerous medical conditions one of which (indemetriosis[sp]) i was told would prevent me from ever conceiving. I was told that if I ever did conceive that I would never carry it to term. I have accepted this and explained it to my boyfriend. He has also accepted this which I thought was awesome of him. We have adapted our lives in such way that would not be a good environment to raise children. We are very financially unstable and I think my boyfriend would have to leave me out of heart break if he knew I was carrying his child (he doesn't have any and neither do I) and I lost it. I know my body can't take a pregnancy and it could kill me. I don't want to lose everything and be heart broken.
- Age: 20
- Ethnic Group: Northern European, Eastern European, Native American
- Religion: Agnostic
- Have you confirmed that you are pregnant? No, I do not have access to a pregnancy test.
- Have you missed your period yet? Yes
- How long has it been since your period was due? More than 3 weeks
- Is this unwanted pregnancy the result of consensual sex? Yes it was consensual.
- What is your relationship to the man who got you pregnant? He is my boyfriend.
- Which method of birth control did you use if any? I did not use birth control, I was told by my doctor I couldn't get pregnant.
- What personal consequences might you face if you are found to be pregnant? Financial hardship. I simply can not afford to have a child at this point in my life.
- What consequences might you face if you are discovered trying to end your pregnancy? Disowned by family if they found out (forced to leave home or not allowed to return).
- What are your reasons for not choosing to have a medical or surgical abortion? It is too expensive for me at this time, I may consider it but I would like to try natural methods first, I would rather not have a medical or surgical abortion.
- Have you had a medical or surgical abortion in the past? No
2. Pregnant Woman Dealing with Polycystic Ovarian Disease
I am 38 and have horrible Polycystic Ovarian Disease. I have a 14 year old but was told years ago that I was unable to have children without medicinal assistance. But here I am.. click to find out more.unemployed, raising a child on my own already and stuck in a situation that results in me having to raise another one alone only now with no income. I just can't do it again.
- Age: 38
- What country were you BORN in?: United States
- What is your ethnic background?: White/Caucasian
- What is your religion?: Not religious/Not religiously affiliated
- What is your marital/relationship status: It's Complicated!
- How many children do you have if any?: 1
- Is this unwanted pregnancy the result of consensual sex?: Yes it was consensual
- What is your relationship to the man who got you pregnant?: He is an ex-boyfriend or ex-husband
- Does the man who got you pregnant support your decision to have a miscarriage?: He does not care what I do
- Were you, by your own choice, under the influence of drugs or alcohol at the time of conception?: Yes
- Which drugs were you using at the time of conception?: Alcohol, Marijuana, Prescription Medications for Recreational Purposes
- Did you use ANY form of birth control? If so, which method(s) did you use?: I was told by my doctor I couldn't get pregnant
- Does anyone know that you are considering aborting the pregnancy?: No
- What consequences might you face if you are discovered trying to end your pregnancy?: No serious penalties
- What are your reasons for not choosing to have a medical or surgical abortion?: It is too expensive for me at this time
3. Woman with Ankylosing Spondylitis Afraid of Dying Due to Complications
I am almost 40. I have AS and can barely walk some days. My last pregnancy was over 8 yrs ago and it literally almost killed me. My immune system is so weak I will mostly lose it anyway. I'm also on strong meds for my disease that are very dangerous for the fetus. Please help me. I cannot pay for abortion my friend is helping me but she's on disability can help financially. I'm only 5 or 6 wks along.
- Age: 39
- Affiliated with a religious group that is not listed above
- I consented to some but not all of it
- through verbal threats or intimidation?
- He is an ex-boyfriend or ex-husband
- He does not know about the pregnancy
- Pain medications for a disease I have called AS
- Withdrawal Method
- Beating from the man who got me pregnant if he found out
- It is too expensive for me at this time. The facilities are too far away for me to get to.